It’s easy to develop the habit of smoking, yet giving it up may be tough. Enjoyable, yet hazardous, cigarettes affect every part of the body especially the respiratory system, the cardiac-vascular system and the nerves. The physique of a person is affected by the withdrawal symptoms which are the hard part that a smoker faces during the process of quitting smoking. It becomes a very uncomfortable time for the affected individual as the urge of nicotine is a great challenge to overcome.
You must realize that there is no good in smoking, so do yourself a favor now, stop being a nicotine slave today. Here are the 5 easy steps to quit smoking:
1. Make a decision. Are you ready to face the challenge of a smoke free life? Then, all you need to do is to make a strong decision. Identify the good reasons why you need to quit. Do not just say you are planning to quit however not really deciding on it for it will only make the matter worse.
2. Stick to your commitment. A smoking cessation plan ought to have commitment. Your decision would not succeed if you are not committed to do it. Be determined.
3. Choose your way. There are a variety of approaches currently that will help you quit smoking. From the classic smoking cessation programs, there are various products that help smokers stay away from cigarette smoking. The latest among the stop smoking products is the electronic cigarette, most popular and powerful means to eventually give up smoking. Since quitting smoking is in no way easy, the electronic cigarette or safe cigarette comes in solutions with several nicotine levels ranging from heavy to none. It is indeed a healthy and gentle way to eventually stop smoking.
4. Stay away. You need to stay away from things that stimulate the urge for smoking like coffee and alcohol. Stay away from bars, as well as friends who are cigarette smokers for if they will not offer you the stick, you will get all the second-hand smoke. In the same manner, foods rich in sugar force you to opt for cigar. So you better check your diet. Foods that are low on calorie and high on fiber content are recommended.
5. Give yourself a reward. If you’ve finally gave up smoking, you absolutely deserve a reward. It was such a huge challenge so indulge yourself with something – not one last stick of course! Having to stop smoking is undoubtedly a big reward.
Nicotine urge and withdrawal symptoms will always be present once you decide to quit smoking. However you are going overcome it as long as you are dedicated and you’ve made the ideal choice of a way to give up smoking. Choices come in great ways and having to deal with the withdrawal symptoms or moderate ways like the electronic cigarette. Avoid smoking temptations as well, like bars and friends who smoke (not in an offensive way). Millions of smokers have successfully quit smoking through the use of the best electric cigarette and are now happy about it. Definitely you can as well. You just need to be firm with your decision.